Lloyd Michaux specialises in realtime court reporting. The types of matters we cover are often of a technical nature with tight deadlines. They can also take place in many different locations throughout our region, particularly in the case of depositions.
With this in mind, in order to ensure we continue to provide a premier realtime court reporting service, we set demanding criteria for any court reporter or scoping editor interested in working for us.
At a minimum, you will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of six years realtime court reporting experience - with no significant breaks
- Considerable experience covering complex and technical matters - preferably with exposure across a number of industries
- A very high realtime accuracy rate - assessed during our recruitment process
- Experience covering different types of proceedings
- Experience working with the latest equipment and software
- You are 'tech-savvy' and able to troubleshoot problems on the spot. This is essential for realtime depositions taking place in countries where we do not have an office
- Experience working under pressure
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel and work in what can be a very fluid and dynamic environment
We are always interested in hearing from suitably qualified court reporters and scoping editors. We work with steno, palan and voice writers. We have a preference for Eclipse, but also use reporters on other CAT software. Whilst the job can be demanding, it is also extremely rewarding and offers opportunities and experiences not commonly available in US, UK or Australia based court reporting firms.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in finding out more about current opportunities working for Lloyd Michaux, please send us an email and a current CV.